Registration Renewal Fees in Texas
Renewing your registration will require you to pay a few types of fees: your vehicle registration fee, your inspection fee, local and county fees, the state processing fee and, if you choose to renew through our site, our agency fee. The fees are broken down as follows:
Vehicle Registration Fee:
- To register a passenger vehicle or truck, you will pay a windshield sticker fee that is typically $50.75 or $54 depending on county and vehicle type, but can be higher ($110 or more) for certain vehicle or plate types.
- Trailers and Travel Trailers have a registration fee of $45 and motorcycles are $30.
- At the time of inspection, you will pay the station a fee of $7 to $40. This fee varies depending on your county, type of inspection required and the make, model and year of your vehicle.
- At the time of online renewal, you will also pay a state inspection fee of between $2.75 and $22. This fee is also determined by your county, make, model and year of your vehicle.
Local and County Fees:
- You may also incur local and county fees at the time of your registration. These fees are determined solely based on your county of residence and range from $0 to $31.50.
State Processing Fee:
- Beginning with registrations due after January 1, 2017, the state of Texas charges a processing fee of $4.75 when you renew your registration online.
Third Party Agency Fee:
This site charges an agency fee of $29.99 to process your online transaction with the state on your behalf. This fee is not required and will not be assessed if you choose to renew your vehicle through the official state portal. There are valuable benefits associated with this fee, including bonus coupons, accessible email support, error-free processing, and much more. We also guarantee your satisfaction, so if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- On the checkout page for your renewal, you will see the above listed fees (registration, inspection, local and county fees, processing and the agency fee) detailed according to your county and vehicle specifications. The total cost to you will be clearly itemized for you prior to payment.
- Please note that the fees that you will see associated with your vehicle on this website are an estimate based upon the information you have provided to us (plate number, car type, vehicle location, etc.) and the final amount charged to your card may vary slightly when we process your transaction with the state.